My Surreality Check Bounced

"Why settle for a twig when you can climb the whole tree?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binghamton, NY, United States

Journey is a rogue English major gone guerilla tech. She is currently owned by two cats, several creditors, and a coyote that doesn't exist. See "web page" link for more details about the coyote.

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

War of the Worlds

Pete and I saw War of the Worlds this weekend. I was very impressed.

I've never understood, before, how some of my friends can see horror flicks and go, "Wow, that was a great movie--I'm gonna have to sleep with the lights on for a week!" But I have to admit, there were times during this movie where it was hard to breathe and I felt sick to my stomach. And in this case, it means they were doing something really right.

I think some of it touched those places in my subconscious where I remember things that haven't happened to me. It had that feel. I confess I had a momentary flash on myself in the crowd, shouting, "Caldwell encampment? I'm looking for the Caldwell encampment!" Which I am probably misspelling, and which will only make sense if you're on the inside of that particular joke. :)

My mother points out that you can see the influence from 9/11.

And I must admit, it was nice to see Tom Cruise in the role of the deadbeat dad. I've always thought he was a more verstile actor than his usual romantic lead shows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home