My Surreality Check Bounced

"Why settle for a twig when you can climb the whole tree?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binghamton, NY, United States

Journey is a rogue English major gone guerilla tech. She is currently owned by two cats, several creditors, and a coyote that doesn't exist. See "web page" link for more details about the coyote.

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Me and my PT

I love my car. Of all the practical cars in the world, my PT Cruiser is my dream car. For one thing, it's just funky-looking. I like funky things. For another, it comes in purple.

Aside from these important considerations . . . It's a station wagon that doesn't look like a station wagon. If I take the back seats out, I've got as much cargo room as a small truck. I've brought such varied things as a chest of drawers and a 27" TV home in my car. The front passenger seat folds down to completely horizontal, so I can carry items over 6' long. I tested this with a 6' tall scratching post. I had room to spare.

And while a friend of mine complained that in essence, I'm still driving a Dodge Neon, it's a Neon with a much better engine and great body integrity. As my mother said, "You close the door and it sounds like you're in a Mercedes."

I love my car. Someday, I will have enough money to do custom paint for her. Someday . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home