My Surreality Check Bounced

"Why settle for a twig when you can climb the whole tree?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binghamton, NY, United States

Journey is a rogue English major gone guerilla tech. She is currently owned by two cats, several creditors, and a coyote that doesn't exist. See "web page" link for more details about the coyote.

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Yes, my car is dirty. So what's your point?

What is this, national Make Faces at the Funny-Looking Car Day?

Driving home from my parents house, somebody rolled down the passenger window of his car and hung half-out of it, making funny faces and gestures at what I thought was my car. After the light, I saw somebody on the other side of my car doing it. Being in the center lane, I made mental jump that they were actually aiming for each other, and I just happened to be in the middle.

Then, a mile or two down the road, a third car comes up in the left lane, and there's somebody sticking out his tongue and waggling his fingers at me from the rear passenger seat. Now, I know I drive a PT Cruiser, and while I think they're all kinds of funky and just frickin' awesome, to some people, they're just funny-looking. But . . . do you usually hang out a window in traffic on a six-lane road just to look funny back?

Maybe it was the dirt. I park in a gravel lot gone heavily to dirt, so I don't even try to keep the car clean, just waxed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home