My Surreality Check Bounced

"Why settle for a twig when you can climb the whole tree?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binghamton, NY, United States

Journey is a rogue English major gone guerilla tech. She is currently owned by two cats, several creditors, and a coyote that doesn't exist. See "web page" link for more details about the coyote.

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Reaching the Breaking Point

My boss threw me out of the office last night. I protested, but he wasn't taking no for an answer. When I got home, my roommate had cooked. When I got out of the shower, I discovered the dishwasher had magically unloaded itself and the dirty dishes had gotten into it.

I didn't go anywhere near a computer last night. I couldn't bear the thought. Instead, I found a very old sheet of carbon paper in the bottom of my toolbox and used it to transfer the poster I'd printed of the Surly Gurlies' logo to the black foam core. We'll have a go at painting it tonight or tomorrow.

And then, Kendra and I watched Earth Girls are Easy. Wow, Jeff Goldblum looked young. Mind you, he just gets better-looking with every passing year. On the flip side, is it just me, or has Gina Davis not aged in twenty years?

Back to figuring out why my image won't restore on this laptop. But Pete and I are going to run around a science museum for several hours on Saturday before roller derby, so at least I have things to look forward to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home