My Surreality Check Bounced

"Why settle for a twig when you can climb the whole tree?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binghamton, NY, United States

Journey is a rogue English major gone guerilla tech. She is currently owned by two cats, several creditors, and a coyote that doesn't exist. See "web page" link for more details about the coyote.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

A Pirate's Life for Me!

Roller derby starts this Saturday. Kendra and Pete, at the least, are going. I don't know about anybody else, but it's good to have hopes. I threatened last year, when Joanne and I agreed that I couldn't possibly play, because I'd break, that I would be her cheerleader instead. And so it has come to pass.

I have decided the Surly Gurlies' fans need to be more visible (obnoxious?). Especially since their first bout is against the Bruisers, who have a tremendous fanbase, being the first team. So while I was running around looking for arnica, I stopped by the party supply store in the Foothills Mall. And purchased:

  • two red pom-poms
  • two black pom-poms
  • two eye patches
  • two plastic cutlasses
  • one piece of black foam core

I think I'm going to split the foam core in two. On one half, I'll just paint Joanne's number, or maybe her derby name and number. On the other half, I think I can do the Surlies' logo. It's finally on their website at a useful size; I ought to be able to enlarge it and print it in several sections, and then use that as a template for the sign.

Ahoy, mateys! There be pissed-off Bruisers fans here! Egg the scurvy dogs on!

I wonder if the derby bear will come to cheer for the Surlies. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger WyldWoods (WW.N) said...

If I could make it, I'd be there for the bout as well. I think it would be fun.

9:07 AM  
Blogger Journey said...

Maybe someday you and your sweetie and her daughter will be visiting out in this part of the world and we can arrange it. We need more children at derby bouts--gotta corrupt 'em while they're young, right? ;)

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home