My Surreality Check Bounced

"Why settle for a twig when you can climb the whole tree?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binghamton, NY, United States

Journey is a rogue English major gone guerilla tech. She is currently owned by two cats, several creditors, and a coyote that doesn't exist. See "web page" link for more details about the coyote.

Sunday, October 02, 2005

You're sh*#^ing me.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_ep5+shtml/150136.shtml?5day?large

Amy sent me this, with a little note: "To all the Katrina victims, just to make them feel more at home."

Yes, our state currently has a couple thousand evacuees. Yes, we do get the occasional tropical system that scoots straight up the Sea of Cortez/Gulf of Baja. And yes, this pattern is what caused the 1983 floods. We do flood, in Tucson, on the reasonably regular basis of about every ten years. The last one was in 1993. I've been thinking that we're due.

And yet, the first words out of my mouth when I saw it were, "You're shitting me."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home