My Surreality Check Bounced

"Why settle for a twig when you can climb the whole tree?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binghamton, NY, United States

Journey is a rogue English major gone guerilla tech. She is currently owned by two cats, several creditors, and a coyote that doesn't exist. See "web page" link for more details about the coyote.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

I'm meeting his parents . . .

Spent Saturday with Pete. We couldn't do much, on account of my knee, but we enjoyed just spending the day together. We went to roller derby that night. I had a great deal of fun, and none of my friends developed a great antipathy to him while we were hanging out. Which, in the limited time, is about all I can really ask.

I'm meeting his parents. I'm half excited and half nervous. He bought the plane tickets today--I told him to jump on the fare if he found a good one and I'd get him my half. He reports his family as also excited . . . and a little weirded out. His mother asked him if she should be planning on one room or two.

I didn't ask how he answered her.

I get very frustrated with people who get married planning to "fix" the other person once the ink is dry. Pete isn't trying to fix me, and there's nothing I feel the need to "fix" about him. So we must be doing something right. First time in my life I've had this feeling. All of a sudden, I'm facing a possibility that all the things I've wanted for so long may actually happen . . . and it scares the hell out of me.

In the immortal words of Anita Blake, "I never said I was consistent."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So you finally inspired me, Surreality Chick. I'm signing up for the e-harmony thing, which I began a while back, but never actually invested in. I promise I won't nominate you and Pete as couple-of-the-month.

--durangodave

10:44 PM  
Blogger Journey said...

Heh. Appreciate that. eHarmony is kind of a surreal experience. I did meet an awful lot of very strange or just incompatible people in the process. But then again, I turned out to have a requirement that you couldn't really quantify, in terms of what makes people compatible with me.

Not to mention, it's just hard to find men that are low-key enough to put up with my shit, that still have their own shit together. ;)

Best of luck. *hugs*

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home