My Surreality Check Bounced

"Why settle for a twig when you can climb the whole tree?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binghamton, NY, United States

Journey is a rogue English major gone guerilla tech. She is currently owned by two cats, several creditors, and a coyote that doesn't exist. See "web page" link for more details about the coyote.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Lunchtime Musings

It's 63 degrees outside and sunny. Absolutely perfect. And I'm stuck inside at my desk. This is my 10th straight day at work, and I'm not really expecting any time off before April 3rd. So of course, my boyfriend's family is going to be in town 3/31-4/2. Figures.

The travel agent says the cruise where the family reunion is taking place is full. That'd be a ship occupancy limit, not a cabin occupancy limit. So she is, in theory, checking in on a daily basis to see if someone cancels so that Pete can come along. I'm a little depressed.

The office move continues apace, for certain definitions of apace. We didn't have cables this weekend, so we couldn't terminate them. I'm not even sure we had walls. The CFO passed out due to pain and is currently hospitalized with what they think may be a middling-serious medical event. We can't yet pack certain items because we're still waiting for something to pack them in. And we don't know doing the fire alarms.

Everything is working as maligned.

Dishes are magically getting done. Lord knows I'm not doing housework; my roommate is hereby nominated for goddesshood.

I've agreed to sing alto in a trio for my mother's chuch on Maunday Thursday. The second or third weekend in April is roller derby. Fourth weekend is tentatively the Lord of the Pajamas party. Fifth weekend is Pete's conference in town and the performance of Stomp I bought tickets to in October so I could get good seats. First weekend in May is the Gaslight Theatre for a production of The Three Musketeers.

I'm really looking forward to Rites of Spring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home