My Surreality Check Bounced

"Why settle for a twig when you can climb the whole tree?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binghamton, NY, United States

Journey is a rogue English major gone guerilla tech. She is currently owned by two cats, several creditors, and a coyote that doesn't exist. See "web page" link for more details about the coyote.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Flagpole Sitta

I tweaked my knee on Saturday. The chiropractor fixed it for me today. It hurts.

I'm sitting in my office, shivering and exhausted. To quote a Harvey Danger song, "I'm not sick, but I'm not well." I've had a candy bar and a pack of cookies this morning, between the fatigue and having come in to a mail server problem.

Since you asked, the reason I'm at work in this condition is that our network admin has walked; our temporary network admin was hospitalized yesterday and is at home, recovering, today; and my boss is working from home to take care of some personal stuff (and, incidentally, trying to get resumes read so we can re-hire the long-empty Phoenix position). That pretty much leaves me.

Last week was a day in Flagstaff and two days in the Phoenix-metro area. I'm supposed to be in Payson, Tempe, and Wilcox this week. That'd be rough in a normal week. As it stands, I'm not scheduling anything until I have a better idea what's going on with our temporary network admin.

I was getting so close to the magic 170 lb. mark. Again.

My cats have missed me. We had to have lie on mom time before bed, yesterday. They were just too nervy to settle down, otherwise.

I had time in the same city as my boyfriend this past weekend, with a bed that would accomodate both of us . . . and spent it lying flat, waiting for the room to stop spinning. The following night, I slept for 14 hours. We're going to Bisbee for Labor Day weekend. I like to hope that, by the time I get there, I don't spend the whole time being tired and ill.

I bought really great boots. Once I find an excuse to wear them, I'll post some pictures. Could be a little while, at the rate I'm going.

When did I last see the dentist?

Somebody I am too lazy to look up right now once said, "I am a spiritual being having a physical experience." Right now, the physical experience is so wracking that it strongly overshadows the spiritual. And that, sooner or later, is likely to catch up with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home