My Surreality Check Bounced

"Why settle for a twig when you can climb the whole tree?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binghamton, NY, United States

Journey is a rogue English major gone guerilla tech. She is currently owned by two cats, several creditors, and a coyote that doesn't exist. See "web page" link for more details about the coyote.

Sunday, November 02, 2008

He got it!

Rogue Historian got the call from the City of Binghamton on Friday. They want him to start right after the first of the year! We're so excited. Not only is it a job, and a job he's really excited about, and someplace we can stand to live--have you seen the real estate prices in Binghamton? We might actually be able to afford to get into a house. My friends also inform me that the schools are good and crime is low.

And, check this out, it'll put us about five hours from Boston, 4.5 from Ottowa, 3 from NYC, and I haven't checked how many yet from Conneticuit, but it can't be that many. Which means we won't be far from people I know, including my brother and the vikings we hang around with and some of the rest of that crowd.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats, I know you liked living up there. Glad your wedding went well and your new life is off to such a great start

-Strela

2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Boss !!!! Now you have to decide which dialect you will use. Will you be paking the cah by the yad. Or will it be Ma'hattan & Lonnga Island

9:50 AM  
Blogger Journey said...

Nah, you've got it all wrong. Pahking the cah by the yahd is a Southie accent (named for South Boston, which is not actually to the south of Boston). Completely different state. And we'll be upstate of them islanders.

I'll blend eventually. I always do. :) Even if I still occasionally say, "F*ck you, I'm from Boston." (Inspiring my passengers to grab for the oh-shit bars).

10:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And at that m'darlin, I wish you all the luck. Because it sounds like it's finally working out and damn anyone who jinxes it.

Grats, both of you!

Barry

5:50 PM  
Blogger Legion said...

Awesome to hear. :) Looking forward to perhaps seeing you from time to time if possible.

10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home