My Surreality Check Bounced

"Why settle for a twig when you can climb the whole tree?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binghamton, NY, United States

Journey is a rogue English major gone guerilla tech. She is currently owned by two cats, several creditors, and a coyote that doesn't exist. See "web page" link for more details about the coyote.

Friday, August 26, 2005

It's worse than PacMan, it's worse than Tetris . . .

Okay, somebody asked me what Dance Dance Revolution is. It's a video game with a stupidly simple premise and amazingly complex execution. A series of arrows indicating which of four arrows (forward, back, left, and right) you step on run down your scream in time with a song. You step on them in sequence, being scored on how many you get right and how perfectly on the beat you are.

It's like Tetris for your feet. It's every bit as stupidly addictive, but burns more calories. Sadly, it would probably be my favored form of aerobic recreation if my downstairs neighbor didn't object. (Not that I blame her).

A tradition of Daqueri DDR was begun when my friend Crystal came to visit Durango for a weekend. She and I were both just learning the game, getting our butts kicked by Nina. We discovered that she played worse as she drank, and I played better. Stress much? Who, me?

P.S. - If you don't know what PacMan is, you're probably not old enough to be reading this blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home