My Surreality Check Bounced

"Why settle for a twig when you can climb the whole tree?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binghamton, NY, United States

Journey is a rogue English major gone guerilla tech. She is currently owned by two cats, several creditors, and a coyote that doesn't exist. See "web page" link for more details about the coyote.

Sunday, October 30, 2005

June weddings

Many of my friends at the Halloween party last night. It's the first time they've had serious interaction time with Pete. And Amy told me I can't have a June wedding--she doesn't want to come to Tucson in June. (I am also not allowed to dress her in pink).

I told her I have a June family reunion, and may have to attend a wedding in May, at Rites of Spring. Though I have long felt that I will be handfasted at Rites. And I've told Kenilyn she's doing my handfasting, at such time and with such person as it seems feasible. So she would have to come to Rites, too.

So, Wyldwoods, when are you getting married? I think I've gone from "you can't get married within a month of the family reunion" to "you have to get married at Rites or I won't have an excuse to go." ;)

I've only known Pete since April. It's way too soon to make assumptions of this nature, and all my friends have. All the friends who have a responsibility to tell me if I'm dating a goober and just can't see it, so I guess I'm obliged to trust their judgement. I'm freaking out a little. But in a good way.

2 Comments:

Blogger WyldWoods (WW.N) said...

Well, since there hasn't actually be a proposal yet, let alone an accepted proposal, I can't tell you when it might happen. I can tell you that it will probably not be at Rites.

I hope the wedding you talk about in the previous paragraph (#2) wasn't ours.

12:23 PM  
Blogger Journey said...

I just like heckling you occasionally. ;) That's what sisters are for.

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home