My Surreality Check Bounced

"Why settle for a twig when you can climb the whole tree?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binghamton, NY, United States

Journey is a rogue English major gone guerilla tech. She is currently owned by two cats, several creditors, and a coyote that doesn't exist. See "web page" link for more details about the coyote.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Demonstration of the communal brain in action.

My little birthday party turned out to be just lovely. Among other things, Pete's parents and Joanne's boyfriend, Lance, both called to wish me a happy birthday. I asked Lance if he wanted to talk to Joanne while he was on the line. He said no, he'd just called to wish me a happy birthday. I think my words to Joanne were, "Right, so why aren't you married to that boy, yet?" ;)

The highlight of the evening was playing Trivial Pursuit (my idea). Mind you, my mother's edition of Trivial Pursuit probably dates back to 1983. And we split into teams so I could have somebody else with me who could answer the pink questions (Entertainment. I do not suck any less at Entertainment questions from 1983 than from any more recent time). I got Pete on my team. Kendra and my mother were the other team, and Joanne decided to be their handicap (she was sick and maybe a little delerious).

Between Kendra and Mom teaming questions out loud and Joanne interjecting smart-ass answers, Pete and I were just in stitches. Which was as well, because we lost. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home