My Surreality Check Bounced

"Why settle for a twig when you can climb the whole tree?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binghamton, NY, United States

Journey is a rogue English major gone guerilla tech. She is currently owned by two cats, several creditors, and a coyote that doesn't exist. See "web page" link for more details about the coyote.

Friday, January 13, 2006

Celebration

My boyfriend and my sister have both asked me, in the last twenty-four hours, what I want to do for my birthday. Sadly, the first thing to pop to mind is "sleep." This is probably not a good sign. Thank the gods we have a new hire starting in our department on 1/30. That'll help.

The big birthday celebration is going to be a trip to Disneyland, current dates set for Sat-Tues the weekend of Presidents' Day. Kendra and I both have birthdays at this time of year, and she'll be taking her sister as a graduation present, and I inited gabefinder and marinredwolf, who both have birthdays in the same timeframe. So that's kind of where my money is going.

On the other hand, my Phoenix people are actually offering to drive to Tucson for me, so maybe I should think of something. There's always the comedy club thing, but I've done that before. I'd love to do a teddy bear party at the Build a Bear Workshop, but some of the folks I'd drag along probably wouldn't be nearly so interested, and it'd be a little pricey as parties go. Part of me would be really tickled to turn twelve for my birthday, and do a party at Peter Piper Pizza or something, but everybody would look at us funny, pizza is not on my eating plan, and the crowds of screaming children are off-putting. Hmm. Anybody else got any suggestions?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home