My Surreality Check Bounced

"Why settle for a twig when you can climb the whole tree?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binghamton, NY, United States

Journey is a rogue English major gone guerilla tech. She is currently owned by two cats, several creditors, and a coyote that doesn't exist. See "web page" link for more details about the coyote.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

"I think I'll take off my skin/And sit around in my bones."*

Where the hell is winter?

Yes, I know, I live in southern Arizona. We don't get snow but three times in five years, and people from cold climates come here because they can wear shirtsleeves in January. However, there's generally three months of the year where it's actually cool. Three months where you want long sleeves or a light jacket. (Okay, I'm maladjusted, there's only usually six weeks where I want a jacket, anymore, but I remember what it was like in high school). Three months where 60's are more normal than 70's, and you even get some 50's thrown in their for the daily high temperatures.

We've had one "cold snap" this winter. I don't think it got below 63F for the high. We're halfway through our three month period and we're still turning on the air conditioning in the middle of the day at work. I'm starting to feel dragged out and frustrated. I haven't had to scrape frost off my window even once.

(subject quote from "It's Hot," by Shell Silverstein)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Winter, haven't seen him here for about a year. He might have breezed through but he certainly didn't stay.

--durangodave

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home