My Surreality Check Bounced

"Why settle for a twig when you can climb the whole tree?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binghamton, NY, United States

Journey is a rogue English major gone guerilla tech. She is currently owned by two cats, several creditors, and a coyote that doesn't exist. See "web page" link for more details about the coyote.

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Fascination

Today's fascination is: jewelry.

This comes about because I recently bought both a strand of pearls and several new blouses, and I had the horrified realization that I simply don't own much by the way of nice pendants to go on 16"-18" chains . . . which would really help out the new blouses. So I started looking at jewelry.

I really have come around to a place of wanting to own a few nice pieces, not the "fashion jewelry" I've worn for years. Pearls are good. Green amber, which I've only recently discovered, is also good. I've always liked amber, and it's sacred to Freya, which is a bonus. I just mostly can't wear it in honey or cognac shades, and lemon doesn't appeal to me.

Pearl and amber are two of the three organically-derived "gemstones" that I'm aware of, and given my metaphysical leanings, I'm not surprised I'm drawn to these. I discovered the third one by accident while searching for brightly-colored pendants. Ammolite is derived from the fossilized shells of pre-historic sea creatures very much like snails. In one particular area of Alberta, Canada, it develops fascinating colors. Leave it to me to fall in love with a stone almost as expensive as opal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home