My Surreality Check Bounced

"Why settle for a twig when you can climb the whole tree?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binghamton, NY, United States

Journey is a rogue English major gone guerilla tech. She is currently owned by two cats, several creditors, and a coyote that doesn't exist. See "web page" link for more details about the coyote.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Z22 minus 1

I did, indeed, buy the $100 Palm. Only to plug it in, charge it, sync it, and discover that the left-most column of pixels is dead. The bleed-over of black characters and graphics on the left edge is hugely frustrating. I e-mailed Palm, since they wanted all support requests to go through them. They e-mailed me back telling me to do a list of completely unrelated things, and if none of them worked, to take it back to the store and exchange it.

Frustrating, but at least I get to do what I wanted to, rather than having to mail it in for a repair and wait for them to mail it back.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new Z21. Almost as good as a Z22, I suppose. Incidentally, I did not end up performing the amateur lasik surgery on my friend. He wisely coughed up the $4k and went to the pros.

--durangodave

3:54 PM  
Blogger Journey said...

Nope. Z22 minus 1 row of pixels. Alas.

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home