My Surreality Check Bounced

"Why settle for a twig when you can climb the whole tree?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binghamton, NY, United States

Journey is a rogue English major gone guerilla tech. She is currently owned by two cats, several creditors, and a coyote that doesn't exist. See "web page" link for more details about the coyote.

Sunday, March 26, 2006

spammity spammity spam

Okay, that's it. It's official. My beloved e-mail account is drowning in spam, despite my having boosted the filtering quite high and customized it to death. When you get 50-60 spam e-mails a day, an annoying number of them are just bound to get through.

I'm thinking of going with my own domain this time around, and paying for some service that allows you to do multipe e-mail addresses. I need POP/SMTP and webmail, and I'd like the flexibility of being able to use one address for registrations that might collect spam and need to be dumped, one for friends and family, and one for professional purposes. I'm looking at GoDaddy and Yahoo! right now in terms of registrar and e-mail provider. Anybody have any thoughts on either, or an e-mail provider they'd like to recommend?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home