My Surreality Check Bounced

"Why settle for a twig when you can climb the whole tree?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binghamton, NY, United States

Journey is a rogue English major gone guerilla tech. She is currently owned by two cats, several creditors, and a coyote that doesn't exist. See "web page" link for more details about the coyote.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Tuesday Morning Run-Down

Had a delightful weekend. Pete came down. He brought me roses. *blush* I can smell them right now. Did you know we were introduced a year ago last weekend? Heh, neither did I--I could have told you it was the middle of April, but he's the one who remembered the date. He swears he's not sure why, he doesn't remember other dates.

I took the cats to the vet this weekend. Cady has gained ten ounces over the last year. Boone's claws were almost grown around into her pads. I think the two are related--Boone doesn't chase her sister around as much anymore. She is also now going to be on antibiotics for five days a month, like clockwork. She's delighted; I have to put the meds in wet cat food in order to get her to take them.

Sunday night, I was appallingly tired. Monday morning I woke up with vertigo. Paint fumes did not make it any better. I cut out of work an hour early and promptly passed out for four hours. This is never a good sign. This morning, I'm nauseas and still tired. Oh well. Hopefully I'll get it out of my system before my vacations roll around.

Still no word from the travel agent on getting Pete onto the cruise. He's on the waiting list, but we'd have to find out in time for him to get a plane ticket. My mother has decided that prayer is in order--at any rate, it couldn't hurt. Think good thoughts for us. :)

I hope I didn't give him whatever this crap is that's making me sick.

Ironically enough, this morning is the annual check-up. Complete with a speculum in unpleasant places. And a mental note to talk to the doctor about birth control. And sea sickness patches. Which is how I come to be sitting at home at not quite eight o'clock, writing a blog post.

On the e-mail address front, I am leaning toward either retaining 'avalon' as a mercy to the reader, using simply 'coyote' with the expectation that some years down the road I may change it to some variant on fox, or using 'journey' and not explaining it. Though some small part of me thinks it would be amusing to use 'chariot,' which is the card that turned up in that silly "which tarot card are you" meme I did some weeks ago.

In work news, it is reported that as of Monday afternoon, we already had 50+ resume submissions for our two open positions. And that's just from the electronic postings; the thing never even went in the paper, due to the holiday. Hopefully we'll have enough good candidates that Mark feels we can start the interview process Real Soon Now. But I expect to spend a chunk of this week grading resumes--the idea is that Mark and I will each, independently, grade them and then see how close our results are. This will tell us if I can do this piece of the process the next time it becomes necessary.

Time to jump in the shower before running off to the doctor's office.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home