My Surreality Check Bounced

"Why settle for a twig when you can climb the whole tree?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binghamton, NY, United States

Journey is a rogue English major gone guerilla tech. She is currently owned by two cats, several creditors, and a coyote that doesn't exist. See "web page" link for more details about the coyote.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

I hate this.

My nephew-the-freak is considering doing something Really Profoundly Stupid. (If you've been reading this journal for awhile, you'll realize just how bad this has to be to beat his usual cut of Stupid Shit). I made all the right noises, and after I got off the phone with him, I called up his other honorary auntie needing a second opinion. On whether to try and kill this plan in his current home state, or the one he's planning on traveling to.

My preference was to call the police once he arrives. Because he needs psych services. And I think the only way he's going to get them shoved down his throat is through the criminal justice system. I'm not sure it'll help at this point, but I'm damn sure nothing short of it will.

The other auntie disagreed. She thought I should contact his older brother--the one who just got emancipated minor status. Because he could get ahold of the grandparents and stop it before it gets that far. When I suggested this was not the best thing for the younger brother, she made me realize that no . . . it's the best thing for the older one. Because the younger is becoming a sinking ship, and we don't want the older to go down with it.

We have officially hit the point where we have cut our losses are just trying to help one of them. I hate this. But I don't disagree with it.

The other auntie has a cough, and as we closed the conversation, I told her not to die of the plague. And if she did, to hunt down the boys' mother and bitch-slap her. She was a good person, but she was a drama-magnet and did this victim posturing that I see in the younger boy, now. She ran through a string of deadbeat boyfriends. These kids never had consistent parenting. Hell, the way she told it, she left one of them because she found out he was molesting the boys when they were small. It's been obvious the younger had psych problems since the first time I met him, at the tender age of three or four, and she never managed to get him help. I love her, but this kid never had a chance, and some if it is her fault.

The other auntie was only too happy to agree.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home