My Surreality Check Bounced

"Why settle for a twig when you can climb the whole tree?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binghamton, NY, United States

Journey is a rogue English major gone guerilla tech. She is currently owned by two cats, several creditors, and a coyote that doesn't exist. See "web page" link for more details about the coyote.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Appreciated

Someone just said something very important to me: "I appreciate you."

In my profession, you hear "thank you" a lot. We fix problems. Thank you is an appropriate response. But a lot of times, an appropriate response is all it feels like. Like we're cogs in the wheel, the little automatons that go out and fix things so that everybody else can get work done.

But today, somebody appreicates us.

Somehow, that's an entirely different thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home