My Surreality Check Bounced

"Why settle for a twig when you can climb the whole tree?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binghamton, NY, United States

Journey is a rogue English major gone guerilla tech. She is currently owned by two cats, several creditors, and a coyote that doesn't exist. See "web page" link for more details about the coyote.

Thursday, September 07, 2006

My very godmother has a way with words . . .

My Aunt Ruth, who is also my godmother, said this today:

"Congratulations, sweetie! And congratulations to the lucky young man who will share the rest of your life! I can scarcely imagine happier news. Peace in the Middle East would be good. An end to suffering of all kinds in Darfur would be a blessing. The eradication of nuclear arms would be welcome news. But this; this is a joy that is unique to you, and one in which your family and friends rejoice with you.

You are so wise to choose a long engagement. You will have the time to know one another well, to learn to be considerate of one another’s needs and supportive of each other’s desires. Blessings on you both!"

1 Comments:

Blogger RogueHistorian said...

I haven't even met her yet and I already like your Aunt Ruth.

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home