My Surreality Check Bounced

"Why settle for a twig when you can climb the whole tree?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binghamton, NY, United States

Journey is a rogue English major gone guerilla tech. She is currently owned by two cats, several creditors, and a coyote that doesn't exist. See "web page" link for more details about the coyote.

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Random Stuff on a Saturday

Today started with the Democratic Party calling to see if I'd mailed in my ballot, yet, and since I haven't, to advise me that I'd have to walk it into a polling place. And to tell me where my polling place is. (I already knew this, thank you). And I'm not even a registered Democrat.

Filling out the ballot is one of today's projects. Wrapping Christmas presents is another.

I ordered glasses, as this pair is on its last legs. And I took a big box of clothes to Twice as Nice. The good news is, I got $45 in credit which will be nice the next time I need jeans. The bad news is, mostly they took the jewelry and left the clothes. I feel vaguely insulted that my fashion sense isn't popular enough to be worth re-selling. Maybe it's just the wrong season--most of that size is summer wear. You wouldn't think this was an issue in Tucson, Arizona, but people all around me are starting to put on coats for the winter.

And I still have to do something with the big box of clothes, dammit. I left some of the stuff for Goodwill, but . . . it would really annoy me to to have to donate two good suits, a pleather skirt, Venezia jeans, and some of the other pieces to Goodwill. And they didn't want my favorite sweater dress. Does nobody else have an hourglass figure anymore? (Don't answer that). Anybody have a mother or a sister that wears a size 14, 16, or XL?

I've been wondering if I want a Christas tree this year. I wonder if I could find a place to put it where the cats wouldn't climb it. Phil, the philodendren that ate Cleaveland, is already occupying most of the half-wall. Fortunately, the kitties have decided he's a jungle, not a litterbox.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home