My Surreality Check Bounced

"Why settle for a twig when you can climb the whole tree?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binghamton, NY, United States

Journey is a rogue English major gone guerilla tech. She is currently owned by two cats, several creditors, and a coyote that doesn't exist. See "web page" link for more details about the coyote.

Monday, January 08, 2007

In and Out

I meant to post more than this, but things have been a little nuts.

Holidays were wonderful, except for being short-handed at work. My sister and I went to Asylum's masquerade party on New Year's Eve. I have pictures, I just haven't gotten them uploaded, yet. I'll try to do that later.

Sadly, a few pieces were less than fun. I thought I lost a filling over that weekend, and my driver-side window started refusing to go up and down. I got the window repaired under warranty last week--broken regulator, whatever that is.

I got the filling taken care of today. Oddly, the dentist said I hadn't lost the filling and it didn't appear to be broken. The teeth had shifted just a little so more stuff was catching between them and I was feeling sharp edges that I hadn't before. At any rate, he built that one up so it won't be a problem. He also found a small cavity which figures in somehow--I'm not sure how, I was too heavily sedated to ask my usual insightful questions--and filled it, and fixed a broken filling I'd had for some time which just wasn't causing me any trouble, so we'd been waiting until we had to deal with something else, anyway. So at least I won't have to deal with oral pain on the trip.

The trip. In the midst of this, I've been packing. My fiancee and I are going out to Disneyland for five days. It's my birthday celebration. I decided that I want to turn twelve for my thirtieth birthday--I only get to turn thirty once, so I want to make it memorable. :) He'll be down tomorrow night and we're leaving first thing Wednesday morning.

In summary: Still here, still alive, still a little drugged, and I'll see y'all a week from Tuesday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home