My Surreality Check Bounced

"Why settle for a twig when you can climb the whole tree?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binghamton, NY, United States

Journey is a rogue English major gone guerilla tech. She is currently owned by two cats, several creditors, and a coyote that doesn't exist. See "web page" link for more details about the coyote.

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Play catch-up

Which takes even longer when you're limping, right?

San Francisco itself was fun. Got to see my aunt, got to see some sights, got to meet more of Pete's extended family and found I like them. Took the day following the massively-screwed-up-return-flight as a day of rest, and felt much more emotionally resilient last week as a result.

We had a humdinger of a storm last Friday, so I unplugged my computer and pulled out a book I'd been waiting for for a long time. Saturday I called about some wedding things and mostly came up bust, but I also found a couple more caterers who look worth investigating, who are actually in our price range.

I am still fighting computer worms. The response time on these suckers getting added to the anti-virus's signature file is not making me happy.

The foot was not-good-but-holding-steady until about Saturday. It's been getting worse since then. So I saw the podiatrist again today. The good news is, he thinks my sandals are fine and I don't need to wear a surgical boot. The bad news is, he wants me on crutches until it stops hurting. Which, really, means no weight on it for a few days and then increasing amounts as I'm able, but is always a pain in the ass.

He sent me for x-rays this time. We still don't know what I did to myself in the first place. He said he should see them later today and will call me. Which is good, because I forgot to press for pain meds. 400mg of ibuprofen used to make a dent in this. Today I'm on 800mg doses and it's not really helping. Couldn't sleep last night because I couldn't get comfortable. If he doesn't want to prescribe anything stronger, I think some Tylenol PM is going to be in order.

RH and I planned to go pick peaches down in Willcox this weekend. With crutches, I might have to re-consider this.

But RH sent me flowers, yesterday. Just because. Every time I start to get too depressed, I look at the flowers and the card and I cheer up a little.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home