My Surreality Check Bounced

"Why settle for a twig when you can climb the whole tree?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binghamton, NY, United States

Journey is a rogue English major gone guerilla tech. She is currently owned by two cats, several creditors, and a coyote that doesn't exist. See "web page" link for more details about the coyote.

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

www.romafood.com

Hey, RH, what's worse than the guy in the ten-year-old Honda going around on the right to "cut the line" where traffic merges?

The guy in the semi doing the same thing.

I confess, there are no orange cones a mile off warning that the lane ends. This is a "it always ends here," and it's one you can see from several hilltops quite a distance before you get there. Mind, it's not always possible for a semi to merge neatly, but I kept waiting for him to put on his blinker and he never did. I'd have been happy to make a space and let him over.

I don't know what the driver was thinking. But I know this URL was on the back of the truck.

2 Comments:

Blogger RogueHistorian said...

Now you just have to think of a creative way to tell the company their truckers have less in the way of driving skills than an untrained, crack-addled chimpanzee.

And at least with the Honda, I can tell the driver to "fuck off and die" with one simple gesture which he can easily see. It's a little harder to do that with a semi.

12:34 PM  
Blogger Journey said...

I confess, I did look for a truck number or something I could report to them. Alas, nothing, and I was too far back in the queue to read a license plate.

At least they didn't have one of those "How's my driving?" numbers on the back. Then it'd feel like hipocracy, not just jackassery.

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home