My Surreality Check Bounced

"Why settle for a twig when you can climb the whole tree?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binghamton, NY, United States

Journey is a rogue English major gone guerilla tech. She is currently owned by two cats, several creditors, and a coyote that doesn't exist. See "web page" link for more details about the coyote.

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Beer O'clock!

I had to make an unanticipated trip to Wilcox today to fix a computer on an emergency basis. The problem was icky, but not hard to solve, and Wilcox is kind of a nice drive. Lots of mountains, you get to pass the rhyolite flow at Texas Canyon, and you get to see a little bit of the Wilcox playa as you enter town.

As I was leaving Tucson, there was a traffic delay on I-10 south of the city. I was just waiting for the accident, and sure enough, there it was. A semi had rolled off into the median and spilled its guts. I could see blue and silver stuff, and I suddenly remembered something from the traffic report (overheard on the radio while I was half-awake this morning) and laughed.

The semi was full of Bud Light. Not only did they have the truck to clear away, they had all the beer. Mind you, I heard this at about 7AM. It was about 10:45 by the time I drove by.

As I drove home, at 2:30PM, I saw a sportscar that somebody rolled. I figured that accounted for the slowing, but no, no. That was only half of it. They were still cleaning up the beer. Half a dozen guys were out there with shovels, shoveling cardboard and aluminum into bins for disposal.

Drive time: about three-hours round trip. Plus beer. Brent says it sounds like a Simpsons episode.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home