My Surreality Check Bounced

"Why settle for a twig when you can climb the whole tree?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binghamton, NY, United States

Journey is a rogue English major gone guerilla tech. She is currently owned by two cats, several creditors, and a coyote that doesn't exist. See "web page" link for more details about the coyote.

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Car Karma

My roommate walked back into the apartment this morning with a look of trepidation on her face and asked, "Have you looked at your car yet this morning?" And when I said no, hemmed and hawed over telling me until I started to walk over to a window. Then she finally managed to tell me that the back window of my PT Cruiser is shattered.

At a glance, it looks like something . . . maybe went through it, maybe just hit it with enough force to shiver it, during the storm last night. I don't see anything on the inside, but the angle is not good. It doesn't look damp, which is good--hopefully it happened on the tail end of the storm, not during the downpour. Needless to say, it's not damn weatherproof at the moment.

The best news so far is that I called the local auto glass place my dad favors and they can get me in today at 4PM. I have factory dark glass, so I wasn't sure a replacement could be had today, even if an appointment could. The nice folks at Empire Glass even did a conference call with an agent from the national bit of my insurance company (the local office wasn't even answering their phones yet this early in the morning) and got everything arranged.

I have a zero glass deductible. All that's left is to go out there and try to tape some plastic into my window to protect from minor rain showers. And try to drive to work with essentially no rearview mirror. Needless to say, I don't expect to be doing off-sites today unless there's a company van available. Jump off that bridge when we get to it.

But still . . . three fender benders and a shattered window in the first seven months I've had the car. What the hell is wrong with my car karma?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home