My Surreality Check Bounced

"Why settle for a twig when you can climb the whole tree?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binghamton, NY, United States

Journey is a rogue English major gone guerilla tech. She is currently owned by two cats, several creditors, and a coyote that doesn't exist. See "web page" link for more details about the coyote.

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Closer to sick than dead . . .

I have a cold. Yes, again. This one went straight to my throat. I lost my voice, yesterday. I've been surviving on clear soup and sugar-free jello, so you can imagine what my functional level has been. This afternoon, I convinced my body it could swallow pasta, so I've got a few calories lurking around in my system somewhere. Unfortunately, this crap seems to be going from my throat into my chest. I haven't had a chest cold in years. I'd forgotten how much they suck.

I want cookies. And not only do I not have anyone I can prevail upon to pick them up (my parents sing with the Tucson Symphony Orchestra Chorus--I will not risk giving them something during performance season. I may pretend I'm in Japan and pick up a face mask before I go over to do my laundry tomorrow), but I'm not sure I could swallow them if I had them. Though tea has been known to help these things.

This is something like the fourth cold in five weeks. While I know my immune systems sucks--sick every eight weeks is about normal for me, and sick every four weeks is not unheard of for short stretches of time--this is flippin' ridiculous. It's getting to the point where I feel the need to call the doctor and say, "Hi--it's not what I have right now that concerns me. It's the fact that I haven't been well more than five or six days since early November."

I spent most of this week recovering from a head cold. Prepped 13 computers in 2.5 days, spent a day and a half on the installations in Phoenix (worked till about 7 both nights, and a working dinner one night). And Friday morning, I woke up with a tickle in the back of my throat. I was loosing my voice my 10AM, and had lost it by 4PM. And I wanted to work half a day today to start catching up, dammit.

If I were injuring myself, I'd start looking for karmic causes. As it stands, I'm not sure what to think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home