My Surreality Check Bounced

"Why settle for a twig when you can climb the whole tree?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binghamton, NY, United States

Journey is a rogue English major gone guerilla tech. She is currently owned by two cats, several creditors, and a coyote that doesn't exist. See "web page" link for more details about the coyote.

Friday, December 02, 2005

more dreams

This time, I was several different people, sequentially. There were cops, aliens, and Canadians. At one point, I was having an argument with one of the aliens in which we conceded that both our parents had died in the previous generation's battles. Later, I was the younger of a pair of cops. The older was captured, but I was still loose. I was running through the house that I knew from being the previous person, looking for a hiding place far enough in front of whoever was chasing me that I could be hidden before they arrived. I knew there was a priest's hole somewhere. I finally found a door, flush with the paneling when closed, behind the door in from the other room. I got inside and held it closed with a fingernail. No latch, no knob. Just me, waiting, trying not to breathe. So I could rescue my partner. Because she had some very important object.

You see, this is what my dreams are normally like. And why I occasionally have trouble waking up for the simple reason that I want to know what happens next.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So where were the Canadians in your dreams?

8:50 PM  
Blogger Journey said...

I don't remember specifically, I just know it to be so. Maybe the aliens were invading Canada.

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home