My Surreality Check Bounced

"Why settle for a twig when you can climb the whole tree?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binghamton, NY, United States

Journey is a rogue English major gone guerilla tech. She is currently owned by two cats, several creditors, and a coyote that doesn't exist. See "web page" link for more details about the coyote.

Monday, November 21, 2005

"my perfect size 8"

Not that it hasn't been said before, but . . . sizing on women's clothing is utterly bizarre. Despite having been "professionally fitted" for a bra on Saturday, I ended up taking home bras in two different sizes. I tried on five pairs of size 14 jeans: two too small, one so small my legs didn't even go all the way in, one too big, and one perfect. What's more, I have a size 15 waiting in a drawer at home that won't fit for another 5-10 lbs.

Perhaps I shouldn't complain; I guess I'm bizarre, too. The oft-quoted statistic is that "the average woman weighs 140 lbs. and wears a size 14 dress." How tall is the average woman? I'm in a size 14 at just above 170.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home