My Surreality Check Bounced

"Why settle for a twig when you can climb the whole tree?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binghamton, NY, United States

Journey is a rogue English major gone guerilla tech. She is currently owned by two cats, several creditors, and a coyote that doesn't exist. See "web page" link for more details about the coyote.

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Waking up is hard to do.

I got home from work yesterday only slightly calmer than I was at 4:30 PM at work. At 4:30 PM, I was to the point of throwing things. (Fortunately, I have a little sponge-brain toy for this purpose. No brains were harmed in the making of this geek). I thought I needed to watch things blowing up, but the only blowing up movies my roommate and I really had between us were Lethal Weapons 2-4, which didn't suit my mood, and the Matrix trilogy. Which had far too many computers in it. So I ended up watching To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar. On the theory that Wesley Snipes in high heels is an entirely different kind of train wreck.

I felt better after that, and got a reasonable amount of sleep last night. And yet here I am, wandering around the office this morning with my eyes half shut and drinking Diet Coke with Lime (which will either wake you up or cause your eyeballs to explode, whichever comes first). I keep thinking that there's nothing wrong with me that a cup of hot cocoa and a breakfast burrito from the Durango Coffee Company wouldn't fix. And of course, those are two things that I just can't have. Even if I were in Durango.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home