My Surreality Check Bounced

"Why settle for a twig when you can climb the whole tree?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binghamton, NY, United States

Journey is a rogue English major gone guerilla tech. She is currently owned by two cats, several creditors, and a coyote that doesn't exist. See "web page" link for more details about the coyote.

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Random Stuff on a Sunday

I'm here. I'm alive, after a fashion. Illness persists, but doesn't seem markedly worse than it did on Friday. Unless you count feeling generally vague and muddle-headed, which I didn't on Friday.

This week's weigh-in: 172 lbs. I went shopping yesterday. I needed some clothes in the next size down to transition with, since I don't want to be anywhere near a mall any time in the next six weeks or so. I love Ross. I fear Ross. Two velvet dresses jumped into my cart while I was there. One marked down to $30, the other to $8.99. If you average it out, it means I paid less than $20 for each, right? The first one was pronounced perfect and the second, exquisite. Now all I need is an excuse to wear them.

I told my mother we have to find a fancy place to get together and have tea all dressed up or something. If she doesn't have a dress, I can loan her one. I think we're the same size, now. But I also think I know where I got my weakness for velvet dresses. ;)

I found out that, while my sister gets her degree in May, she's planning to walk in December. Like, next month. That's not a heck of a lot of notice, but I imagine I won't have any trouble getting the afternoon off so I can go up for the ceremony. Whenever they actually give me the date and time.

Her final semester is her internship. I don't know where she's going, yet, but she has like four offers. That's my sister, all right. People meet her. People love her. It's as simple as that. I imagine the hardest part will be picking between the one that could develop into a job and the one that likely won't, but would land her a heck of a lot of industry contacts.

It's kind of hard to believe she's graduating. It seems like she just started on her B.S. the other day.

I guess this means we're grown-ups now. I hope it's not terminal.

I've decided I want a party for my birthday. I know that most women turn 29 a whole lot of times, but I figure on turning 30 the year after, so I really only get to do 29 once. It seems worth celebrating, I just haven't decided how, yet.

Maybe when 30 rolls around, I'll celebrate by going to Disneyland and riding kiddie rides and eating junk food.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home