My Surreality Check Bounced

"Why settle for a twig when you can climb the whole tree?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binghamton, NY, United States

Journey is a rogue English major gone guerilla tech. She is currently owned by two cats, several creditors, and a coyote that doesn't exist. See "web page" link for more details about the coyote.

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Thanksgiving.us

Thanksgiving was great. Pete was down, and my sister and her boyfriend. My dad was just delighted--he had other people to watch football with and generally felt like the testosterone level was more acceptable.

We sang grace--we being the parents, sister, and me. Just because we do, on Thanksgiving. Pete informs me that he and my sister's boyfriend just kind of looked at each other while the rest of us sang. What can I say. One side of the clan is like that.

Christmas lights were hung, the tree was erected, and decoration occurred. At my parents' house. I haven't quite gotten to the lights at my place, yet. Which is a pity, because a front just moved through and tomorrow's likely to be fifteen degrees cooler. Which is still not cold, by any means, but not nearly as pleasant for standing outside and fussing with the lights.

On Friday, Pete and I and the sister (her boyfriend had to work) went out to the Desert Museum. We had a good time tromping around and looking at the animals and exhibits. And, as is par for the course, finished up completely exhausted and marginally dehydrated. So we went out to dinner and then home, and I, at least, had a nap. Naps are a vast, great goodness. I wish more of mine involved sleeping, but I'm still just a little sick and it's doing strange things to my metabolism, including the bits that ought to sleep.

Today, Pete had to go home, on account of too many papers to grade and too much stuff to get done. Sister and I did a little shopping in the afternoon, with an eye to going to the local goth club tonight, but I'm still a little sick and was having a nastily emotional day, and she just got in the mood to put on pj's and not go anywhere, so we've decided to wait until sometime when we and more energy and will both enjoy it, instead of going out to have a good time even if it kills us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home