My Surreality Check Bounced

"Why settle for a twig when you can climb the whole tree?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binghamton, NY, United States

Journey is a rogue English major gone guerilla tech. She is currently owned by two cats, several creditors, and a coyote that doesn't exist. See "web page" link for more details about the coyote.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

These boots . . .

Pete and I went out to play in Catalina State Park on Saturday. Not so much to hike--we're both more serious hikers than to consider 3.5 miles a hike. But the terrain is kind of rugged, very sandy, and quite steep for portions. We had a great time, but . . . I've been breaking in new hiking boots. And I think the laces slipped as we hiked. And by the time I noticed it, I had blisters. Thank the gods I only have to break hiking boots in about once every ten years.

My good walking shoes that I ordered are too small in one size and too big in the next size up, so I had to return them. Instead, I stopped by the discount shoe store while we were up in Foothills Mall killing time before a movie. And put my poor blistered feet into walking shoes, and actually found a pair that will be quite comfortable when the blisters have healed. So not only did I invest in a pair of $100 walking shoes (for which I only paid about $60), I actually bought both pairs they had in stock in my size--one black, one white, but you can't have everything. Yes, I really do hate shoe shopping this much.

On the other hand, I am something of a shoe whore when it comes to non-practical shoes. And one of my favorite online discounters sent me a sale notice yesterday. They have $40 thigh-high boots. *drool* But in the size I think I need, they only have them in red. I'm not sure the next size down will fit, they can't be returned due to the clearance special, and I'm just not sure that red is $40 worth of versitile the weay that black would be. Decisions, decisions . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home