My Surreality Check Bounced

"Why settle for a twig when you can climb the whole tree?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binghamton, NY, United States

Journey is a rogue English major gone guerilla tech. She is currently owned by two cats, several creditors, and a coyote that doesn't exist. See "web page" link for more details about the coyote.

Saturday, December 16, 2006

And speaking of hooker shoes . . .

In case you haven't figured it out, I'm a shoe whore. I finally ordered the purple boots today. Which, to complicate things, means I can add other things to that order for no additional shipping for the next several days. Which led me to look at other shoes I now have to talk myself out of buying.

I love the plaid pumps. I keep trying to talk myself out of them by wondering what I'd wear them with. Unfortunately, I think the answer is "anything black." The knee-high boots are really great and might actually be a good staple piece. The real problem is that mostly, I don't get to wear great shoes. I get to wear sneakers to work and my Chacos on the weekend. Work and heels don't go together (the joys of being a computer geek) and the chiropractor has me feeling rather guilty if I wear heels just for fun on the weekends.

None of which may help talk me out of leopard-print pumps. Mind you, I'm really not a leopard-print person. I find it tacky. Which is really not the point. The point is that they're so bad, they're just kind of off-the-wall. They're the kind of shoes that you wear with some simple, solid-color outfit, because the whole point of the outfit is the shoes.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Journey, you must have seen "Kinky Boots." The film. A slightly touching British comedy/drama. Worth renting, and rather topical.

--durangodave

10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home