My Surreality Check Bounced

"Why settle for a twig when you can climb the whole tree?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binghamton, NY, United States

Journey is a rogue English major gone guerilla tech. She is currently owned by two cats, several creditors, and a coyote that doesn't exist. See "web page" link for more details about the coyote.

Friday, January 19, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me!

Well, not until tomorrow, but due to the complex nature of space-time, I've been having celebrations at other points.

Pete and I went to Disneyland for several days, which was the biggest thing I wanted. The trip was fabulous. The weather could have been better. *wrygrin* Tip to readers: Don't bother eating at the Blue Bayou--I've eaten at restaurants worth that privce, and it's not one of them. Trip highlights included riding California Screamin' a whole lot, Pete winning me a carney prize at a midway game, and the dubious pleasure of his reaction to my running after the bus that almost didn't stop for us while simultaneously swearing at the driver.

My parents and parents-in-law-to-be both gave me presents--a workout machine that I can fold up and get out of my living room when I'm not using it, and lovely opal earings. Pete says he's still planning something.

I showed up in the office today to find a balloon bouquet (purple balloons and a mylar one that says Happy 30th Birthday) and an ice cream cake proudly displayed on my chair. My co-workers even put a candle on the cake that says "Over The Hill." I am very amused. Also wondering if anyone will look at the balloons and gasp and say, "I thought you were, like, twenty-three!" or words to that effect. This used to happen on a fairly regular basis, but Idunno, that was before I discovered I have frown lines. ;)

I confess, I feel a little like a slacker--gabefinder's birthday was yesterday and I didn't even get a card sent on time. I plead having been running around like a crazy person since I got back into town. (Three days of PTO, three and a half days back in the office, and I'm still not caught up). I shall have to fix that this weekend. To my knowledge, I'm not doing anything else this weekend except taking another stab at fixing my roommate's sister's computer, which has upchunked its internet connection again. But I suppose I can't say for sure; people have been known to make a bit deal out of numbers like 30, 40, and 50. (For some reason, after that, they seem to stop caring again till 100).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Journey!

Welcome to the backside of the hill. The grass is really greener on this side, I think, having rolled around on it for a few years.

--durangodave

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home