My Surreality Check Bounced

"Why settle for a twig when you can climb the whole tree?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binghamton, NY, United States

Journey is a rogue English major gone guerilla tech. She is currently owned by two cats, several creditors, and a coyote that doesn't exist. See "web page" link for more details about the coyote.

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Shit flows downhill . . .

which, in this case, is a la norte. The Santa Cruz river, which they're trying to keep from becoming tainted, is one of those unusual rivers that flows south-to-north. It kind of spills out all over Marana (on the northwest side of the Tucson metro area) and its floodplain goes clear out to Casa Grande, I think. We had a delightful demonstration last year of just where that river goes when it's at flood stage (if your definition of delightful includes property damage).

I don't quote know what will come of this (beyond an understanding that parts of our infrastructure are 70 years old?), but I confess, I'm waiting for some national dumbass . . . er, pundit . . . to start complaining about Mexico sending their sewage to the US.

Is my faith in my fellow man so low? Only in certain particulars. However, my faith in the utter lack of understanding exhibted by most USans with regards to the cultural and political exigencies in much of the territory acquired in the Gadsden Purchase knows no bounds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home