My Surreality Check Bounced

"Why settle for a twig when you can climb the whole tree?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binghamton, NY, United States

Journey is a rogue English major gone guerilla tech. She is currently owned by two cats, several creditors, and a coyote that doesn't exist. See "web page" link for more details about the coyote.

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Tulsa, OK

I'm allergic to Tulsa, but here I am, anyway. Knock wood, I don't seem to have any symptoms at the moment except an itchy soft palette, itchy eyes, and an occasional odd feeling in my ears.

Both cats have forgiven me, though the stripey one is still having some trouble adjusting to a nomadic lifestyle. This does not mean they yowl less when crated. Quite the contrary.

And I believe I've had the argument about ten-hour days vs. fourteen-hour days with my brother-in-law at least three times now. So far, cats in fragile health and a back injury keep winning. But having the same argument over and over is beginning to grate. And yet, we owe him sufficiently that I don't feel I can tell him just to shut up. So I keep smiling and putting my foot down. It's a good thing I like my in-laws to begin with. I can't imagine going through this with someone I loathed from the start. Yikes.

1 Comments:

Blogger Legion said...

Good luck. We're looking forward to you arriving in NYS safe and sound. And, yes, festival wishes of your choice to you too. We hope you got the card we sent.

12:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home