My Surreality Check Bounced

"Why settle for a twig when you can climb the whole tree?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binghamton, NY, United States

Journey is a rogue English major gone guerilla tech. She is currently owned by two cats, several creditors, and a coyote that doesn't exist. See "web page" link for more details about the coyote.

Tuesday, February 03, 2009

The Stuperbowl

RH and I went to a Superbowl party. I don't usually do the Stuperbowl, but it was cheap socialization in a city where I don't know many people socially. It even turned out to be a reasonably good game, the Cardinals' efforts to the contrary. (Most penalties since something like Superbowl XII, according to the commentators).

Here's what I noticed about the commercials: All the air time wasn't sold. Not only were NBC shows hawked heavily, we even had a local ad or two run sometime in there. And it felt like about 20% of the advertising was beer. Bud, to be specific. As if we needed more signs that the economy sucks, folks can't afford to advertise . . . but everyone drinks more beer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home