My Surreality Check Bounced

"Why settle for a twig when you can climb the whole tree?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binghamton, NY, United States

Journey is a rogue English major gone guerilla tech. She is currently owned by two cats, several creditors, and a coyote that doesn't exist. See "web page" link for more details about the coyote.

Thursday, January 08, 2009

We're here . . .

. . . and online. Cable went in yesterday, but RH's wireless router seems to have gone belly-up, so we had to get a new one today. And I still don't get reliable signal where I've parked my computer in the back bedroom unless the wireless router is on top of the bed, not behind it. (I think I can wall-mount it. I'll check tomorrow).

We can actually find some of our kitchen and about half of our living room floor, and the furniture seems to have found its permanent locations. More unpacking of boxes will probably occur this weekend, along with the obligatory trip to the DMV. I've found a laundromat I can live with, and if the slum-lord (or would that be slum-lady?) from the moldy place would just give us our deposit back, life'd be peachy.

Most folks in this situation would either fold and give us our money back or stop talking to us and let it go to court. This back-and-forth business is really peculiar: Her current offer is half our deposit. When RH told her this wasn't acceptable, and that the problems she'd experienced in the unit were not our problem, she apparently decided to consult her lawyer. And that's the most recent we've heard. I'm glad she's consulting her lawyer. I hope s/he's reliable and gives her good information. 'Cause based on all the code violations, she's probably got a real stinker on her hands if it goes to court.

I haven't even looked at my e-mail, yet, so if I owe you a response, I apologize. It was such a bear to get the wireless going that I think I'll probably hold off until tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home