My Surreality Check Bounced

"Why settle for a twig when you can climb the whole tree?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binghamton, NY, United States

Journey is a rogue English major gone guerilla tech. She is currently owned by two cats, several creditors, and a coyote that doesn't exist. See "web page" link for more details about the coyote.

Sunday, June 26, 2005

Random Stuff on a Sunday

Last week's weigh-in: 195lbs.

Next week, I'm going to start re-teaching myself to cook. I figure if I can't manage twice a week, I'm just completely lame. That's two dinners and enough left-overs for two lunches. Plus there's no reason I can't eat my own cereals most of the week--they have more fiber in them, anyway.

That should save me some money over the Jenny Craig food. Which is important for buying cute things, you see. I bought a new blouse this week--I had to retire some of my old ones as too baggy.

And a really cool pair of shoes. They're about the same shape as my old "ugly shoes" (though these have elastic instead of zippers, which makes them hard to put on), but instead of black leather, they're kind of wine-colored suede-looking stuff. They're really comfortable. They actually have about an inch and a half of heel on them, so I went through parts of today feeling just a little taller than usual. Mostly when standing next to my mother.

We set up my dad's new computer, though I haven't transferred his files, yet. And I am currently playing a DVD on my computer for the very first time. I guess I'm just not geeky enough--I'm so tickled by finally having a technology that's been available for several years, now.

In case you're wondering, I'm watching Terminator 2's special edition. 16 minutes of extra footage. Some of it is really interesting, but most of it was cut for good reasons. They original cut is better. I hope it's somewhere on this two-disk set, otherwise I'll have to get a copy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home