My Surreality Check Bounced

"Why settle for a twig when you can climb the whole tree?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binghamton, NY, United States

Journey is a rogue English major gone guerilla tech. She is currently owned by two cats, several creditors, and a coyote that doesn't exist. See "web page" link for more details about the coyote.

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Awesome movie, awesome music!

I saw Spanglish today. Great flick. Movies that play with multi-cultural themes have a special place in my heart to start with. This one also had great writing and an incredible sense of humor. And a strong ending. They didn't succumb to the temptation for a Hollywood ending, and in not doing so, somehow, it was perfect. See it. Definitely see it.

On the way home from my parents' house, I was listening to KFMA's New Music Test Department. I heard "Two Girls," by the Paranoid Social Club. There are audio clips on the site. Go listen, 'cause I don't know how to describe these guys. "Two Girls" is hilarious, but they're doing something musically that gets stuck in my head. One moment, it's rock, the next, it's bluesy, the next, there's almost a rap vocal . . . oh, just go listen. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home