My Surreality Check Bounced

"Why settle for a twig when you can climb the whole tree?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binghamton, NY, United States

Journey is a rogue English major gone guerilla tech. She is currently owned by two cats, several creditors, and a coyote that doesn't exist. See "web page" link for more details about the coyote.

Friday, July 08, 2005

"Don't wake me for the end of the world unless it has very good special effects."

Today started with my house key shearing off in the lock. Mind you, the way the lock's been behaving, it wasn't exactly unexpected. I've also bashed my thumb between a desk and a power supply hard enough to have an ugly black mark coming up beneath the nail. Oh, and we tested the repair to the stove today. It's a lot better, but there's still an unpleasant tingly sensation when using the one burner, so I'd better get back in touch with the apartment manager, if Kendra doesn't beat me to it.

For only having four work days, it's been a very long week.

On the positive side, Kendra and I have decided to have a Halloween party. Now I'm thinking about costumes.

Oh, and I bought a plane ticket to visit Scott and Nina later in August. I can manage Tucson to Durango on three days, since America West's hub is Phoenix. Looking forward to this, and feeling somewhat guilty about all the people I can't visit. Too many friends and not enough vacation.

And never enough sleep, lately.

[subject quote stolen from Prince of Chaos, by Roger Zelazny]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home