My Surreality Check Bounced

"Why settle for a twig when you can climb the whole tree?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binghamton, NY, United States

Journey is a rogue English major gone guerilla tech. She is currently owned by two cats, several creditors, and a coyote that doesn't exist. See "web page" link for more details about the coyote.

Friday, July 01, 2005

Why do people do this to each other?

So, one of my best friends says to me about another, "I'm done with her. I'm tired of her bullshit. I guess she accomplished what she set out to accomplish--she wanted to sever it, and she did."

She walked out, in tears, not knowing where she was going. I didn't stop her. I didn't know what to say. I guess there's nothing to say. At a certain point, you just cut yourself off from the trauma-inducing people in your life. Because you just can't live on the roller-coaster of their affections. I can't argue against that, as much as I feel like I ought to. Sometimes, there are no more second chances.

I feel angry. I feel a little teary, myself. But at the same time, it's all at one remove. There's just an empty space. Death does that, even the death of a friendship or a relationship.

It's been ten years. Most of us have grown up. Most of us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home