My Surreality Check Bounced

"Why settle for a twig when you can climb the whole tree?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binghamton, NY, United States

Journey is a rogue English major gone guerilla tech. She is currently owned by two cats, several creditors, and a coyote that doesn't exist. See "web page" link for more details about the coyote.

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Who's bombing my mountains?

I headed south on Oracle Road this morning for work and had a nasty surprise. There was this big cloud dead ahead of me, over the mountains. And a long plume of it hanging down. Only, a couple minutes' inspection made me realize that plume wasn't going down, it was coming up. And the cloud wasn't cloud--it was smoke.

The Santa Rita mountains are on fire, south of Tucson. People think it will be a beneficial fire, clearing out fifty years of underbrush. But it still looks like somebody dropped a bomb. Though a much smaller bomb than the Aspen fire on Mt. Lemon (in the Catalina mountains) in 2003.

My eyes have itched all day from the smoke.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too bad about the fire. Glad it wasn't an out of control fire at least.

Its sad about that other mountain too as I heard you & my Erik had a very "good & cuddly" time on that mountain all night long time ago.

Sounds like all your bad luck has gone away for awhile.. thats good..

Hope your day was a good one :)
Blessed Be~

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home