My Surreality Check Bounced

"Why settle for a twig when you can climb the whole tree?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binghamton, NY, United States

Journey is a rogue English major gone guerilla tech. She is currently owned by two cats, several creditors, and a coyote that doesn't exist. See "web page" link for more details about the coyote.

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Nominating Myself for the Asshole Award

The problem with being on the ball 98.5% of the time is that the remaining 1.5% makes you feel really stupid.

I've been getting all ready for the high school reunion, and wondering if the red pumps I ordered will arrive in time. And as I observed this to Kendra, she wondered how I'd had them shipped, that they might not arrive in time. Because the high school reunion isn't this weekend. It's next weekend.

This isn't anything horrible in the grand scheme of things. It still doesn’t conflict with anything, though it will be a very full weekend. I was just so sure that it was the weekend of the 6th/7th, when instead it's the weekend of the 13th/14th. I don't know where I got the other date, but I've had it wrong in my mental list for months, now. I don't even have a piece of paper and a badly penciled notation calendar notation to blame.

No harm done, I just have to return the electric rollers I borrowed, and I feel really dumb.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was mildly dumb. I did the same thing a while back with a show I was supposed to play in Ouray. My physical and mental calendars were a week off. Its REALLY bad to stand-up your fellow musicians. Well, it wasn't exactly the same thing. You realized early; I realized late.
--durangodave

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home