My Surreality Check Bounced

"Why settle for a twig when you can climb the whole tree?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binghamton, NY, United States

Journey is a rogue English major gone guerilla tech. She is currently owned by two cats, several creditors, and a coyote that doesn't exist. See "web page" link for more details about the coyote.

Monday, December 19, 2005

i'm sick and tired of being sick and tired

I'm getting worse, not better. I called the doctor today for medical advice, not feeling the need to actually go in unless the doctor felt I should. Big mistake; no one ever called back. I'm sure they've dropped me through the cracks again. To make matters even more cheerful, Kendra reports that a friend's kind with a similar symptom set was just diagnosed with good old-fashioned influenza.

I've never seen much point in my trying to get a flu shot--between the fact that my risk group falls low on the priority totem pole and the dubious nature of flu shots to start with, I just didn't bother. My co-worker got his a week or two ago, and he may be having the last laugh. I'll go in to the doctor tomorrow with my $20 in hand and camp on her doorstep if I have to. Maybe I can at least get some codeine cough medicine out of the bargain.

I've spent most of the last twenty-four hours propped up in a recliner with the vaporizor running and a cough drop under my tongue. Gods, but I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home