My Surreality Check Bounced

"Why settle for a twig when you can climb the whole tree?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binghamton, NY, United States

Journey is a rogue English major gone guerilla tech. She is currently owned by two cats, several creditors, and a coyote that doesn't exist. See "web page" link for more details about the coyote.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Meme

Have you ever . . .

  • Taken a picture naked?

  • Not quite. Just barely. Given how into nude photography I am in general, this is a little odd. Chalk it up to not having found an enthusiastic photographer, yet. On the other hand, there are a number of dirty pictures of me hanging about on my hard drive. They're just not completely nude.

  • Made out with a member of the same sex?

  • Yes.

  • Danced in front of your mirror?

  • Yes.

  • Told a lie?

  • Yes. I come from polite stock; little white lies are easy. Bigger lies . . . are also not that hard, which is not something I'm comfortable with. I have a lying face, one of those things I think of as Fox-based. And while I seldom use it, I figure it's there in case of emergencies. Violence, civil insurrection, the need to get off the school bus at the wrong stop . . . ;)

  • Gotten in a car with people you just met?

  • Not without someone else along that I already knew. Though I have not necessarily known them in person.

  • Been in a fist fight?

  • No, though as a kid I once hit somebody with a crutch. The one they were making fun of me for using. Everyone has a breaking point.

  • Had feelings for someone who didn't have them back?

  • Who knows? For so long, I never let anyone know I had feelings about them.

  • Been arrested?

  • Nope, and I'd like to keep it that way.

  • Left your house without telling your parents?

  • Yup. Past a certain point, it wasn't required.

  • Ditched school to do something more fun?

  • Nope. I was pretty dull until college, and at that point, they don't call it ditching.

  • Slept in a bed with a member of the same sex?

  • Yes.

  • Seen someone die?

  • Only if you count cats.

  • Kissed a picture?

  • I'm not sure, so I guess I'll go with the spirit of the question, rather than the letter, and say "Yes." Mind you, it took me until my late twenties to be that girly for moments at a time.

  • Slept in until 3?

  • Yup.

  • Laid on your back and watched cloud shapes go by?

  • Yes. And sometimes, seen things there I wasn't meant to see.

  • Played dress up?

  • Every chance I get. Mind you, my idea of playing dress-up tends to involve lingere and hooker shoes.

  • Fallen asleep at work/school?

  • Um . . . not soundly enough to get in trouble for it. I was never stupid enough to put my head down on the desk, so when I started to nod, I'd start to fall over or my pen would fall out of my hand or something. I'm a light enough sleeper that those things wake me up.

  • Felt an earthquake?

  • Yes.

  • Touched a snake?

  • Yes. I like snakes.

  • Ran a red light?

  • No. Almost ran a stop sign, once. This is why "unable to drive safely" is one of the reasons I'll actually stay home from work.

  • Had detention?

  • Never. I was too dull.

  • Been in a car accident?

  • Several.

  • Pole danced?

  • No, but given enough training not to look dumb, I confess that I might. To entertain my boyfriend.

  • Been lost?

  • Yes. In a foreign country, even.

  • Sang karaoke?

  • Sing it? I can barely stand to listen to it.

  • Done something you told yourself you wouldn't?

  • Yes. Sometimes, choices change on a moment-to-moment basis. So far, they have still not been unwise choices, and I hope to keep it that way. But I do suffer from having made the decision, somewhere in my middle twenties, that I would rather regret the things I've done than the things I haven't.

  • Laughed until something you were drinking came out your nose?

  • There are several people who take great pride in exactly what they have made me snarf out my nose. The college dining hall accounts for most of this. But not all. Soda is bad and rice is really bad, but brownie is worse.

  • Caught a snowflake on your tongue?

  • Yes.

  • Kissed in the rain?

  • No. I've not really been into kissing at all, until I met Pete.

  • Sang in the shower?

  • Oh, hell, I sing everywhere.

  • Got your tongue stuck to a pole?

  • Nope.

  • Ever gone to school partially naked?

  • Do mini-skirts count?

  • Sat on a roof top?

  • Yeah. On the occasion of the eight-story rooftop, people were quite alarmed by my willingness to sit on the parapet. I feel about this the way I feel about bunk beds: I am no more likely to fall out of a space in a certain configuration if it's high above the ground than I am if it's one foot off the floor.

  • Played chicken?

  • Not exactly, but I was in the car when kenilyn decided she was driving and the older of her younger brothers decided he wasn't moving. We were only going maybe five miles an hour when we hit him. I'd like to say this cured him of it, but I'm told there was a second incident at more like fifteen miles an hour before he got the idea.

  • Been pushed into a pool with all your clothes on?

  • Nope. As a result of being the only English major in a family of theatre majors, I haven't attended enough cast parties as an adult.

  • Been told you're hot by a complete stranger?

  • Been told? No. Been whistled at out the window of a moving vehicle? Hehehe. Yes. It's kind of a morale-booster, actually.

  • Broken a bone?

  • Cracked two. A toe and a collarbone. The toe I caught in a sidewalk crack getting off a schoolbus--how's tha for foolish? The collarbone I managed to stress fracture doing physical therapy, of all things. It was misdiagnosed twice before they sent me to the orthopedist, who x-rays everything on general principle. It was less than a week before my sister's wedding. My first thought was that if she had to alter a sleeve to go over a cast, she'd never forgive me.

  • Mooned/flashed someone?

  • Nope. But I'm adventurous--take me to Mardi Gras. ;)

  • Forgotten someone's name?

  • All the time. It's like my brain doesn't go on "record" during introductions. I have no idea why.

  • Slept naked?

  • Yeah. I'd rather sleep in panties--a holdover from childhood with a swamp cooler. But occasionally, they're simply not handy.

  • Blacked out from drinking?

  • Hell, I've never been more than mildly drunk. I don't think I'm missing anything. I'll do things sober that most people will only do, drunk. If the moment is right and it amuses me.

  • Played a prank on someone?

  • Not by myself. I've been party to a few.

  • Felt like killing someone?

  • Not literally. I want to smack our CEO on a fairly regular basis, but come to think of it, that's not literal, either.

  • Made a parent cry?

  • Not that I know of.

  • Cried over someone?

  • Oh yes.

  • Had sex more than 5 times in one day?

  • Um . . . possibly. We weren't counting.

  • Had/Have a dog?

  • Yeah. A Dalmatian that ate vegetables.

  • Been in a band?

  • Nope.

  • Drank 25 sodas in a day?

  • Gods, no. My kidneys are floating just thinking about it.

  • Shot a gun?

  • If BB guns count.

  • Lost track of a good friend?

  • Of someone who had been a good friend, yes. But without drifting apart first . . . only once. And that was on purpose, with great regret.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home