My Surreality Check Bounced

"Why settle for a twig when you can climb the whole tree?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binghamton, NY, United States

Journey is a rogue English major gone guerilla tech. She is currently owned by two cats, several creditors, and a coyote that doesn't exist. See "web page" link for more details about the coyote.

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Home again, after a fashion

I'm home. Rites was wonderful. I'll say more about it later, and my other journal will have notes at some length. Gabefinder did not make it due to a canceled flight. Gabefinder is probably the most-jinxed person I know with regards to making it to Rites.

I caught a miserable cold during the last couple days of the festival. Flying with a head cold sucks, but the fact that it acquired a swollen throat and fever was really more concerning to me.

Once on the ground, Pete had to give me the bad news that there was a windstorm while I was gone and my windshield was spiderwebbed by a tree branch. Needless to say, I was not driving home on Tuesday night. He poured me into his bathtub and made me chicken soup. I love my boy.

After some dancing with the glass company, I did manage to get the windshield replaced on Wednesday. Then took more cold medicine and promptly fell asleep, putting myself four hours behind schedule. When I got to Tucson, I started sorting laundry, figuring I'd be doing that after work today.

I woke up today early because my body decided I was going to toss my cookies. Violently. I've thrown up three times in the last two hours. So . . . work is not the first thing on the schedule this morning. Going to the doctor for a strep culture, some anti-nausea stuff, and an opinion on whether or not she thinks I'm contagious is the first thing on the schedule. I'm hoping really hard that this isn't her day off; I really don't want to do the emergency room thing, and it's very expensive.

Just thought I'd let y'all know I'm alive.

1 Comments:

Blogger Finder said...

Well, I had the feeling that grandma spider was going to whap me upside the head... didn't realize she was gonna ground me.

Next year, i shall go next year and drag Crystal along.

8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home